Coaching @ SSP
At SSP, we believe in cultivating lifelong and sustainable career pathing for health & fitness professionals. Are you interested in becoming a coach at SSP? All of our coaches start through our SSP Academy Coaching Internship which requires a minimum of 80 hours of shadowing and coaching at SSP. This is a paid position and is the first step to full or part time roles with SSP.
If you are interested, please submit your resume along with cover letter detailing why you feel this internship is the right fit for you and outlining your experience, interest, and ‘why’ for being in health & fitness. Please inquire with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position has the potential to lead to full or part time hours in a coaching role with SSP following the internship.
- Assist coaches on the training floor with members during shadow hours (first 40 hours of internship). This may include leading all or parts of sessions with clients in concert with the SSP coach on the floor.
- Lead and coach member personal training sessions and classes independently (second 40 hours of internship)
- Maintain a professional appearance and presence with members and the ability to answer simple questions about SSP
- Assist Programming team with administrative tasks
- Program classes using SSP’s templates and format
- Must have an active professional pursuit in exercise science or fitness, which can include an in progress or active personal training certification or an in progress or active degree in exercise science or kinesiology
- Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours per week (schedule flexible to be determined on case by case basis)
- Must be able to think critically and apply thoughtfulness to your coaching sessions with members
- Must be able to travel and work out of both SSP locations in Queen Anne and Phinney Ridge
- Must be comfortable being very active during your in-gym hours
- Must have some customer service experience in a retail, restaurant, or other setting
- Willing to roll up sleeves and learn!
- Positive attitude and eagerness to engage with members and staff
COMPENSATION: $18/hour during the internship (pay commensurate with experience after if a role is offered)
Resume and cover letter required. Submit all applications to email@example.com.